top of page


The Oak Tree our firm blog (12 × 3 in).png
  • Amy Privette

Community Resource: How to request a birth, marriage, or death certificate from Wake County

Need a certified copy of a birth, marriage, or death certificate and need it quickly? Let us connect you to a community resource you might want to bookmark for the future.

The Wake County Register of Deeds Office serves as custodian and manager of a large number of public records aside from just property deeds. They also issue marriage licenses and supply copies of birth and death certificates. You will likely need to produce a certified copy of any one or more of these documents for a number of reasons at some point in your life. For example, if you are applying for your N.C. REAL ID, you may need your birth certificate. If you want to update your Social Security information to your new married name, then you will need your marriage certificate. In order to open an estate after someone's death, then you are going to need their death certificate.

It is not unusual for the originals of these documents to be lost over time. So, the Register of Deeds Office has made it easier than ever to get certified copies of the key documents every family should keep on hand. Wake County birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are now available for pick up at three new regional locations in addition to the main office in downtown Raleigh.

Wake County Register of Deeds

300 S. Salisbury St., Suite 1700

Raleigh, NC 27601


Eastern Regional Center

1002 Dogwood Drive

Zebulon, NC 27597


Northern Regional Center

350 E. Holding Avenue

Wake Forest NC 27587


Southern Regional Center

130 N Judd Parkway NE

Fuquay-Varina NC 27526


The cost is $10 per certified copy. The Regional Centers, as well as the main office in Raleigh, are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for immediate (same-day) copies. Copies can be requested online to be mailed out to recipients within 10 to 14 days. Requests can also be mailed into the Register of Deeds office.

For records from other counties, or if you are not sure in which North Carolina county the vital record was filed, visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Vital Records website. And, always feel free to reach out to us. If we don't have the answer, we can help connect you to someone who does!

Phone: (919) 678-5761

Recent Posts

bottom of page